Weighing 6,798 pounds, rolling on 35-inch off-road tires, and sitting a minimum of 10.8 inches clear of the ground, the 2020 Ford F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab equipped with the Tremor Off-Road Package pounded across the Arizona desert, a plume of dust rising in its mirrors. Ahead, nothing but dirt, rock, cactus, and mountains stretched to the horizon. With the four-wheel-drive system’s 4-Hi setting engaged, it was easy to understand how the rock-solid truck got its name. In addition to defining a small earthquake, the word tremor also refers to “a sudden feeling of fear or excitement,” according to the Oxford dictionary. With its new 7.3-liter V8 engine rumbling and a king-of-the-road seating position, the Super Duty Tremor certainly inspires excitement. But soon, as I would discover in a quarry near Aguila, Arizona, this rugged off-road-ready truck can also inspire fear.
- How much does a Ford Super Duty Tremor cost?
- What is the Ford Super Duty Tremor Package?
- Driving the Ford Super Duty Tremor on the Highway
- Driving the Ford Super Duty Tremor in the Desert
- Driving the Ford Super Duty Tremor in a Rock Quarry
- Ford Super Duty Tremor Towing and Hauling
- Ford Super Duty Tremor Gas Mileage
- What competes with a Ford Super Duty Tremor?
- Who should buy a Ford Super Duty Tremor?